Help Put Your Retirement Plan on Course
Knowing you'll have a reliable source of income when you retire—one that will maintain or even enhance your lifestyle—requires careful planning. Ideally, this planning begins when you're young. But with the right tools and advice, you can pursue these benefits even when you start later.
Fiduciary Management and Oversight
Your plan, and how you manage it, is increasingly falling under intense scrutiny—not only from participants, but also from the regulatory bodies that are responsible for protecting participants' interests.
As your partner, we can share much of this fiduciary responsibility with you and implement a disciplined process to better manage your fiduciary obligations.
Fiduciary Review: We conduct a thorough evaluation of your plan to ensure compliance with ERISA, plan documents, and current legislation. We also examine plan fees and expenses to be sure that costs are reasonable for the value and services offered.
Investment Selection: We help you develop an Investment Policy Statement, the guiding document that establishes a consistent process for evaluating and selecting investment options.
Ongoing Assessment: We continually monitor and review your plan's investments, fees, and services for adherence to plan objectives and guidelines.
Documentation and Records: We create and maintain a fiduciary audit file to house all pertinent and relevant material.
Investment Committee: We collaborate with the individuals appointed to ensure that your plan is fulfilling its objectives.
Your adivsor will help you establish an investment strategy that fits the distinct needs of your firm and your employees. Our investment process includes:
Investment Policy Statement: We assist you in developing an Investment Policy Statement (IPS) that sets guidelines for making investment decisions.
Investment Selection: It is important to construct a well-balanced investment lineup that offers broad diversification across asset classes. Your advisor works in partnership with our portfolio services department to make investment recommendations based on a rigorous quantitative and qualitative evaluation process.
Continuous Monitoring: We conduct periodic investment reviews to ensure performance and expenses remain consistent with plan objectives.
We take the time to understand your objectives and design a retirement plan program that provides your employees with the greatest value and, to the extent possible, reduces your administrative responsibilities.
Specific areas we focus on include:
- Employer contribution strategies
- Evaluation of qualification and eligibility issues
- Compliance with legislative changes
- Support services to help simplify plan administration
- Optimal use of safe harbors such as 404(c) and QDIA
Vendor Search and Plan Fee Benchmarking
Together we will select from a multitude of products and providers—free from pressure from proprietary vendors to select specific products. We will help you select the provider that most appropriately fits the specific needs of your firm and your participants.
Managing Vendor Due Diligence
Our customized request for proposal (RFP) process includes:
- Gathering data and pricing
- Analyzing costs, services, and investment choices
- Facilitating finalist meetings
Once your plan is in place, you can expect:
- Monitoring of participation levels and performance
- Fee benchmarking and analysis against other vendors and plans
- Guidance on areas of improvement
We will work with your participants to:
- Explain the importance of retirement planning and the options available under the plan
- Determine their unique investment objectives, tolerance for risk, and time horizon
- Recommend an asset allocation model suited to their personal needs or goals, based on the investment alternatives available under your plan
Custom communication programs
We offer a specialized approach to communication and can:
- Tailor a communication program that addresses your specific needs
- Deliver presentations on broader financial planning topics
- Conduct educational meetings in either group or individual settings
Why We're Different
Independent and Unbiased
Our independent status means that we are not tied to any particular vendor or product, giving you access to a virtually limitless array of plan choices. With our fully transparent fee structure, you can rest easy in the knowledge that the advice we offer is objective, unbiased, and always aligned with the best interests of your firm and your plan participants.
Jason Reesey and David Anderson have earned the Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®) designation. You can feel confident that their approach is based on:
- A thorough understanding of legislative issues
- Best practices and the fiduciary role
- A commitment to standards of investment fiduciary excellence
The AIF® designation signifies a comprehensive knowledge of, and ability to apply and adhere to, fiduciary practices. It is widely acknowledged as the leading designation for investment fiduciaries for both individuals and retirement plans.